Course Overview: Approved by Bureau Veritas, and meeting the recommendations detailed within the SIGTTO LNG competency standards, this course is intended for the training and practise of tanker personnel in the cargo handling and auxiliary control functions that would occur in the operational life of gas tankers. The simulator can be used within the framework of IMO model courses.
Teaching & Assessment: The course will include a mix of training delivered on the liquid cargo handling simulator using the LNG Membrane ship model, and supplemented by additional course presentations to deliver the theoretical elements required by SIGTTO LNG competency standards.
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the course. There will be a final assessment where delegates are required to achieve a 70% pass mark.
· Develop familiarisation and understanding of LNG transportation requirements
· Manage and operate safety systems and equipment
· Prepare and implement a detailed plan for the entire cargo cycle
· Monitor and review cargo operations
· Plan for and manage cargo operations under non-standard conditions
· Plan for and manage cargo operations under emergency conditions
· Ensure the integrity of cargo containment, cargo equipment and cargo related spaces
· Develop an awareness of the commercial aspects of LNG transportation
Entry Requirements: Valid Gas Tanker Endorsement
Entry Requirements (SIGTTO): Valid Gas Tanker Endorsement & 3 month’s service on LNG Carriers.