Course Overview: The course is designed to facilitate the delivery of a sound basis for training within the marine industry to STCW competence level. Techniques developed can be utilized in the development and presentation of all training programmes for Deck and Engineering programmes at various levels.
Teaching & Assessment: The course will provide both a practical and theoretical mixture.
• Understand STCW competency based training terminology
• Plan an effective teaching environment
• Use a range of teaching methods
• Use a range of training aids
• Develop a timetable and lesson plan
• Design a course of study
• Evaluate teaching and learning
Entry Requirements: Relevant industry experience